Parents of an SEND Child – Oxford Grove Primary School

Parents of an SEND Child

If you are parenting a child with Special Educational Needs or Disabilties (SEND), you may feel in need of additional help and guidance. 

Please click the images to take a look at some of these documents in order to see additional resources that may support you.

How should complaints regarding SEND provision be made and how will they be dealt with?

If parents/carers of a child with SEND have concerns about progress or provision, they should consult the class teacher first. If parents/carers feel that concerns are not addressed, they can consult with the key stage leader, the SENCo or the Head Teacher. If the problem is still unresolved the complaint should be addressed by the SEND Governors, Councillor Thomas, who will deal with the complaint following the statutory procedure.

How do I obtain a copy of the school’s SEND policy?

A copy of the school SEND policy is always available from the school office in hard copy. It is also published on the school website.

Who is the school’s designated Local Authority SEND Officer?

Our Local Authority designated SENCO Officer is:

Alison Grace
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Assessment Service (SENDAS)
01204 332016

Who do I contact for further information?

You should contact Mrs. Ainscough, who is our SENCo and also the Assistant Head Teacher. Mrs. Ainscough has the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators.

Tel:01204 333380/01204 333381   Email: